You’ve probably heard people say that you shouldn’t leave your phone plugged in overnight. Doing so depreciates your battery life and makes it age faster. You’re killing your battery!
But mostly, people always charge their phone overnight, and always let it reach a full 100% charge.
So, are you really killing your battery?
Are you a murderer?
You can’t live with this guilt, So, let’s find out the truth.
According to experts, “the easiest thing to do is just keep it plugged in all the time or as much as you can.”
I’ll say it again, “as much as you can.”
We all need our phones ready and charged, so we might as well keep them fully charged forever. Your phone is pretty smart, and its software recognizes when it reaches full charge, so you can’t technically overcharge your battery.
But not really.
On the other side, there are another group of experts who claim that we should keep our phones between 30% and 80% charged because once they reach 100%, certain reactions occur that degrade the electrolytes and depreciate our batteries.
So, this is probably where that overcharging myth comes from. Well, now with whom do we agree with?
Actually, both of the claims are true. You do damage your battery when you charge it to 100%. But if you’re going for the full charge already, keeping it there doesn’t harm it. Basically, if you are a normal human who just needs their phone out all the time, feel free to go to 100% and keep it plugged in forever. But if you care a lot about your battery’s life, like, a lot, a lot, or you don’t use your phone that much, try to keep it in a narrow charging range.
Ultimately, though, batteries are meant to be used, and phones are meant to be used too.
You don’t do any damage by leaving it at 100. You’ll probably replace your phone before your battery totally dies. Or in a worst-case scenario, you replace the battery. That’s not so bad.
Okay, glad we settled this. Go live your truth, keep it 100. Share this article if you found it useful!