WhatsApp is a social media platform that allows you to send messages to anyone in your contact list using WhatsApp without any tension of paying for SMS bills. WhatsApp has come up with many cool features since its releases, such as looking for the group members who read your messages in the group chat, sharing LIVE location with your contacts, Sharing documents files greater than 100 MB, sharing stories and much more. The feature of posting stories is put on the desk when Facebook took over the WhatsApp. The feature of adding stories was started with Instagram, then it was updated in WhatsApp and finally in Facebook.
So, what are these stories anyway?
Stories are the temporary status that you share in your WhatsApp accounts. These stories remain for 24 hours and all the people in your contacts can see them any time until you delete them or the time limit of 24 hours expires. You can share images, text, links, or videos in your stories. You can also change the story settings like changing the preferences to the contacts who can see your story.
How to Download WhatsApp Stories on your SmartPhone?
Here I’ll tell you how to download those stories because it can get really hectic to screenshot for the images and when it comes to video, there is no chance that you can get it on your device. Actually, to be honest, WhatsApp does not allow the permission of downloading the stories just to maintain the privacy of a person. But we have additional apps to do the same. To download stories you can download apps available on the Google Play Store. Some of them are listed below
- Status Saver
- Story saver for WhatsApp
- Status Downloader
The above-listed app will surely help you downloading the desired status. So, how to download stories using these apps? To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download one of the above-listed apps from Google Play Store.
- Open up the app and link your WhatsApp account to the app.
- You will find all the stories uploaded by your contacts and you can download them.
- The downloaded images will be stored in your Gallery.
Here we see the trouble of downloading external apps to just download one story. What if I tell you that you can do this without the help of any external device? All you need is a smartphone, an Internet connection, and most important GBWhatsApp. GBWhatsApp provided you with more settings for your stories including hiding them from certain contacts or all at the same time and downloading other contact’s stories too.
So, you might be thinking that what is this GBWhatsApp..?
Well, you have your answer here. GBWhatsApp is an advanced version of WhatsApp created by some developers. This version includes features such as hiding blue ticks, hiding double ticks, customization of WhatsApp’s interface, changing fonts, sharing document file of large size, keeping ‘online’ status on forever, sharing live location, and much more. Some of the features provided in WhatsApp may take quite a time to come in WhatsApp. The mods and Themes these developers develop are not available in Play Store yet. You can download their apps from the Internet.
So, how to download GBWhatsApp?
As I already told you it is not possible to find GBWhatsApp on Google Play Store, and you have to download it from the Internet. Follow the steps given below.
- Download the GBWhatsApp apk for your Android device.
- While the file is being downloaded you can create the backup of your chats in your original WhatsApp, so that you won’t lose them.
- Uninstall the original WhatsApp and install the GBWhatsApp apk that you downloaded earlier.
- Complete the registration procedure and you are good to use it.
Note: GBWhatsApp is the exact replica of original WhatsApp, but with some more additional feature. I came to know about this version of WhatsApp in December 2017, and I’ve been using it since then.
How to download a story in GBWhatsApp.
- Open up your GBWhatsApp.
- Go to Status section by swiping right side or clicking on ‘Status’ in the Header.
- Click on the story you want to download.
- When the story opens click on the three dots on the top right corner of your Whatsapp and click on ‘Download.’
- The story will be saved in your device’s storage.